This Skinny Tex-Mex Casserole recipe is one of Mrs. SkinnyPants’ favorites, and for good reason – it’s awesome!
Before I forget…have you tried to make any of these dishes yet? Reply back & let me know.
You’ll have plenty of leftovers with this Skinny Tex-Mex Casserole recipe. It make take a little longer, but you won’t have to cook for the next few days – hooray!
- Prep/Cook Time: ~45 min
- Makes 6-8 servings
Recipe credit for this one goes to DietDoctor. I barely had to modify the original to make it simple & fast. That’s rare!
Skinny Tex-Mex Casserole Ingredients:
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 packets of pre-made, store bought taco seasoning
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (drained)
- 4 oz. (or more) pickled jalapeños
- 14 oz. shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Brown your ground beef then add taco seasoning and tomatoes.
- Place the ground-beef mix in a baking dish with jalapenos and cheese on top. Bake on upper rack in oven for 15–20 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream on top.
We usually eat this on top of a bed of store bought “steam in the bag” cauliflower rice. We’ll top it w/ guacamole too if we have some in the fridge. I go heavier on the jalapenos b/c I like spicy.
Mr. Skinny Pants