I made this on the grill the other night. It was one of the best things I’ve eaten all year. It took very little prep time. The key was to marinate the steak. Try this… I promise you’ll love it!
Mojo Skirt Steak:
- Prep Time: ~3 min
- 1 1/2 pound beef skirt steak (cut into 4 pieces)
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup avocado oil, or olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- (Optional Garnish) 1 tbs chopped cilantro
Instructions for Mojo Skirt Steak:
- Add all marinade ingredients to a Mixing bowl and whisk. Pour marinade into a zippered freezer bag.
- Add skirt steak to bag, zip bag, and massage marinade into meat in the bag.
- Place the bag in the fridge and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Outdoor Grill: Heat outdoor grill and place the meat on the hot side of the grill for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until well-charred and a meat thermometer inserted into their center reads 115°F to 120°F for medium-rare or 125°F to 130°F for medium.
Nutritional Data: Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: One 6 ounce steak, Amounts per serving- Cal: 218, Carbs: 2g, Net Carbs: 2g, Fiber: 0g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Protein: 11g, Sugars: 0g, Sodium: 442mg
Spanish Style Cauliflower Rice:
- Prep Time: ~2 min
- 4 cups Cauliflower (riced)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/2 cup Onion (finely diced)
- 1 Jalapeño (seeded and finely diced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- Cilantro (chopped)
Instructions for Spanish Cauliflower Rice:
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and jalapeño, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the garlic for the last minute and stir often.
Add the cauliflower and sauté for 3 minutes until just slightly tender to taste.
Add cumin, smoke paprika, salt, and pepper. Create a small well in the middle of your pan and drop in the tomato paste. Let it set for a few seconds until the thick paste begins to thin in the heat. Stir to coat the rice and cook for 2 minutes until heated through.
Add some chopped cilantro and serve.
Calories: 43kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 485mg | Potassium: 253mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Calcium: 23mg | Net Carbs: 4g