This is a low carb keto friendly Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry recipe. You can make it in 20 minutes if you hustle. It presents like a dish you’d get in a high-end Asian fusion restaurant.
All 5 ingredients are available in mainstream grocery stores if you don’t already have them on hand.
Recipe serves four.
- 2 pounds ground beef, defrosted
- 14 oz bag cole slaw
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- Optional garnish: sesame seeds
- Prepare the stir fry sauce first. In a glass measuring cup stir together the soy sauce and Sriracha, then set aside.
- Cook the ground beef in a large wok on high heat until browned (~10 minutes). Don’t drain the fat.
- Stir in the bag of cole slaw and continue cooking on high heat until it starts to wilt.
- Stir in the prepared stir fry sauce and diced green onions.
- Top with a drizzle of Sriracha, and optionally, garnish with sesame seeds, then serve.
Macros Per Serving
- Calories – 449
- Fat (g) – 24
- Net Carbs (g) – 7
- Carbs (g) – 10
- Fiber (g) – 3
- Protein (g) – 49
I used 85/15 grass-fed beef, but any ground beef with higher than 5% fat content should work.
The pre-made bags of cole slaw are in the produce section. They reduce prep time for this recipe by 10 minutes or more.
Green onions are in your produce section and come in rubber-banded bunches.
Any soy sauce will do, though I prefer to use coconut aminos as a healthier substitute if you can find it (I couldn’t find it in my store for this recipe).
Any Sriracha sauce and sesame seeds will do.
I got the idea for this recipe from Beth at Budget Bytes. To make it low carb friendly and easier to prepare, I culled the ingredient list back quite a bit from her Beef and Cabbage Recipe.
PS. If you want more minimalist low carb / keto recipes like this, you can get 1 free recipe per week via email here.