Make an amazing Keto Tuna Salad in less than 10 minutes with 5 simple store bought ingredients. Are you ready?
This low carb recipe works great as a weekend mini-meal, or as high protein, low carb/Keto snack after a workout.
Serve your tuna salad inside a lettuce wrap or eat it plain with a fork. Either way, it’s delicious!
Ingredients for Keto Tuna Salad
Makes 6 servings. Each serving has about 420 calories and less than 1 net carb.
- 3 large cans chunk tuna in water (12 ounce cans)
- 1 cup of real mayo
- 2 tablespoons of dill relish
- 2 tablespoons of black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Optional add-ins: 2 tablespoons onion flakes and 2 teaspoons mustard
- Large glass mixing bowl with lid (for prep and storage)
- Pyrex measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Can opener
- Strainer or colander (for draining the tuna and relish)
- Rinse and drain the tuna and dill relish in a colander then dump into mixing bowl.
- Add mayo, black pepper, salt, and optionally, the mustard and onion flakes.
- Stir the ingredients together with a fork.
- Taste the tuna salad then add more mayo, pepper, etc as needed.
- Eat and enjoy! 🙂
This Keto Tuna salad recipe tastes better when you wring as much water as possible from the tuna and dill relish (steps 1 & 2).
- Any brand of canned tuna in water is fine. I used store brand for this recipe.
- This recipe tastes better with regular mayo (any brand), but I used avocado oil mayo in this instance.
- Any brand of relish works as long as it’s dill relish and not sweet relish.
- Any salt, mustard, and black pepper are fine.
- Onion flakes can be hard to spot in the store. They are in the spice section and labeled “Minced Onions” or “Chopped Onions” or “Onion Flakes.”
You can serve this keto tuna salad inside a lettuce wrap or eat it plain with a fork. It keeps well in the fridge for several days.
Special thanks to Melissa from I Breathe I’m Hungry for her Easy Keto Tuna Salad recipe which gave me the idea to include onion flakes for added flavor and texture.
If you’d like something more indulgent, consider this Tuna Salad recipe from Keto Size Me which adds sour cream, bacon, and hard boiled eggs to the mix.
I created this Keto tuna salad recipe by comparing my usual recipe to the most popular Keto tuna salad recipes online. I then refined it to reduce the number of ingredients, prep time, and complexity. Quick & easy!
Hope you enjoy it!
Have any questions? Leave them in the comments and I’ll get back to you.