Learn how to quickly and confidently order low carb at Little Caesars. Get the exact script you can use to order a Little Caesars no crust pizza like you may have seen on Reddit.
If that fails, use my “pry and peel” method to create your own low carb Little Caesars keto pizza slices.
Also receive my 17 item Little Caesars low carb menu for free. It’s a great resource for anyone who wants to know which pizza toppings and wings are the most keto friendly at Little Caesars.
This is stop #21 on my low carb fast food challenge. For each fast food chain I’m evaluating:
- Availability of low carb entrees (less than 20 net carbs).
- Satiety of low carb entrees.
- Price of low carb entrees.
- Taste of low carb entrees.
- Ordering experience.
When a pizza place like Little Caesars comes up on my list I’m not too excited because I have to eat wings or scrape pizza toppings into a bowl. There aren’t other options.
Let’s see if Little Caesars is any different.
Little Caesars is not very low carb friendly much like the other pizza places I’ve visited during the challenge. The difference is that their customer service is worse. That soured the experience.
- Low carb friendly – Not really.
- Low carb entrees on menu – Yes. Bone-In Baked Chicken Wings.
- Satiety of low carb entrees – Average.
- 8 wings were pretty filling, but not quite enough for a meal.
- Eating the toppings off a large pizza was enough to feel like a meal.
- Taste of low carb entrees – Above Average. See pics in “What I ordered” section.
- 8 wings were surprisingly delicious. Better than the Domino’s and Pizza Hut.
- Italian sausage pizza topping was delicious.
- Price / value of low carb entrees – Average.
- 8 Buffalo Wings – $6.50
- Large 1 Topping Pizza – $6.45
- Ordering experience – Well Below Average. Perhaps I was expecting too much. Low carb dieters on Reddit had success getting Little Caesars to make them a keto cheese crust pizza so I tried it too. I called three different Little Caesars in Austin but couldn’t convince them to make me one. The cashier at my nearest locations was not pleasant to work with. She had a limited knowledge of their products, mumbled her words, and had a flat personality.
What I ordered
Because I couldn’t convince them to make me the Little Caesars no crust pizza that I’d seen on Reddit, I made my own Little Caesars keto pizza using the pry and peel method.
I also ordered some low carb wings.
#1 Large 1 Topping Pizza – Italian Sausage (Pry & Peel Toppings)
You can hardly tell by the photo, but I pried the toppings off the pizza using a fork and my fingers. Because I let the pizza cool 15 minutes the toppings slid off in perfect slices.
- Price – $6.45
- Nutrition – 720 calories and 0 net carbs if you eat toppings off whole pizza.
- Taste – Well Above Average.
- Notes – Let the pizza cool for 15 minutes, then pry and peel the toppings. Tasted phenomenal and was enjoyable to eat. It felt like I was eating a real slice of pizza, only slightly messier thanks to the pizza sauce.
Here’s a simple video I made that teaches you how to “pry and peel” your own Little Caesars crustless pizza slices. Notice how I struggle when the camera running.
#2 Buffalo Wings – Mild
- Price – $6.50
- Nutrition – 560 calories and 0 net carbs. I’m skeptical of the 0 net carbs they list on their nutritional menu, but it’s still very low carb.
- Taste – Above Average. Probably better than both Dominos and Pizza Hut.
- Notes – Very good. Tender, a little spice, good flavor. Not crispy like fried wings, but still good.
Two entrees from Little Caesars and 0 net carbs each. That’s pretty good. Though I’m skeptical that they are actually both 0 net carbs.
What you should order
If you have the patience and will power, use this script to get Little Caesars to make you a cheese crust pizza like this.
It works better in-person so I’m told. It didn’t work for me over the phone but it’s worth a try.
Step 1 – Request a manager
Little Caesars: “Little Caesars here, how I may help you”
You: “Hi, I have a special request order and I was wondering if I could speak to a manager about it.”
Little Caesars: “Sure, one second” –> Skip to Step 2
Little Caesars: “Sorry, but the manager is not available.”
You: “Ok, do you mind if I run my request by you?”
Little Caesars: “Sure” –> Skip to Step 2
Step 2 – Explain that you can’t eat the crust and have a special request.
You: “I can’t eat the pizza crust because of my diet and was hoping I could order a cheese crust that I’ve seen made at other Little Caesar’s locations. Would you be willing to make it for me if I gave you the specific instructions? I’ll pay for the pizza regardless of how it turns out.”
Little Caesars: “I’m not sure. What exactly do you want us to do again?
You: “It’s pretty simple actually.”
Little Caesars: “Um, okay”
Step 3 – Give them these instructions
- Add a tiny bit of oil to the pan and pass it through the oven to get it hot.
- Put down a very thick 1/2 inch layer of cheese for the “crust.” Run it through oven with just cheese. Cheese will compress & flatten by 3/4 and caramelize into a crust.
- Add a very light layer of pizza sauce, more cheese, and these toppings: [insert your toppings].
- Pass the pizza through the oven one last time.
- Let it cool off a little to harden before sliding it into the pizza box.
(Note: Thanks to Reddit user mlumpkins for these instructions.)
Step 4 – Reiterate that you’ll pay for the pizza no matter how it arrives and you’ll tip.
If they say no, then you can order their standard Hot & Ready Large 1 Topping Pizza with Italian Sausage and use my peel and pry method to create your slices.
What you can order
As of writing this post, the Little Caesars menu only has bone-in chicken wings that can be ordered strict low carb. Four of their 5 flavors are low carb.
You can also order any pizza, of course, and just eat the toppings.
It should be the perfect resource if you’re looking to eat Little Caesars pizza toppings only.
My low carb menu is derived from this Little Caesars nutrition menu.
What you should avoid
In case you’re new to low carb eating, I’ll point out that you can’t eat any of the Little Caesars crusts, cheesy breads, or desserts.
You should also avoid the Pineapple pizza topping (4 net carbs per slice) and the BBQ Wings (32 net carbs per 8 wings)
If you’re unsatisfied with the Little Caesars low carb offerings, you can always make your own low carb pizza. The recipes continue to get easier.
My next low carb fast food guide is for Panda Express which is the first Chinese restaurant on the fast food challenge. I’m excited!
If you want to get my Panda Express low carb guide via email, sign up here:
Follow My Low Carb Fast Food Challenge
Get my specific recommendations on what to order every time you're in a Top 30 fast food chain like McDonald's, Subway, or Chick Fil A, etc.
I’ll also report back with final results for how this fast food experiment affects my health, well-being, and bank account. And you’ll get some simple low carb recipes and other tips from me for all the times you’re not eating in a fast food joint.
aka “Mr. SkinnyPants”