Looking for a delicious low carb summer snack? These Keto Cheesy Chips are awesome!
Save time in the kitchen. Get> 25 of my minimalist low carb recipes You’ll never be stuck for a quick easy low carb recipie idea again.
This recipe makes a batch of 50 keto chips perfect for dipping into guacamole or salsa. These are like keto tortilla chips but a little more pliable. Recipe takes 30 minutes or less.
If you’re not familiar with the term keto, it means low carb. So this is a low carb chips recipe as well. It’s also gluten-free and diabetic friendly.
This keto cheese chips recipe has less than 6 net carbs per serving (about 15 chips).
Recipe for Keto Cheesy Chips serves 3-4 and yields about 50 chips suitable for dipping.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella (8 oz bag)
- 1 cup of pork rinds (3 oz bag)
- 1 ounce of cream cheese (2 tbsp)
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of chili powder
- 1 gallon-sized Ziploc bag
- 1 microwavable mixing bowl
- 1 cookie sheet
- 1 rolling pin
- 1 cutting board
- 2, 15″ x 15″ pre-cut sheets of parchment paper (or larger)
- 1 Pyrex measuring cup
- 1 pizza cutter
- 1 fork
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Pour pork rinds into gallon Ziploc bag. Remove excess air and seal bag.
- Use rolling pin to grind pork rinds down to fine flour.
- Mix pork rind flour and shredded mozzarella in microwaveable bowl. Add cream cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute to create a thick dough.
- Add raw egg, salt, and chili powder. Knead into dough with bare hands.
- Lay dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper and roll to a thin layer like an ultra thin pizza crust.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper, slide the parchment paper & dough onto cookie sheet. Bake at 425F for 12 minutes, or until browned on top.
- Remove from oven and cut into chip-like triangle shapes with pizza cutter.
- Bake again at 425F for 5 minutes to achieve extra crispiness.
- Serve hot or let them rest at room temperature to crisp up further.
- Pork rinds are typically in the chip aisle of the store and are sometimes called Chicharrones. Any bag 2 ounces or larger should work.
- Any brand of mozzarella, cream cheese, eggs, salt, and chili powder will work.
Credit for this Keto cheesy chips recipe goes to Libby at Ditch The Carbs who makes a similar version of these chips for her fat head nachos. Her recipe was the inspiration for my minimalist version.
Hope you enjoy it!
Have any questions? Leave them in the comments and I’ll get back to you.
PS. If you want more of my minimalist low carb / keto recipes like this, you can get 1 recipe per week via email here.