Learn how to order a Jersey Mike’s sub in a tub like an expert.
See real-life photos of my actual low carb Jersey Mike’s sub in a tub orders.
What To Order
Jersey Mike’s is best known as a sandwich restaurant that offers both cold sandwiches and hot sandwiches. For some of the sandwiches, they fresh slice the deli meats right in front of you.
While we can’t eat the bread, they do serve “subs in a tub” which are low carb friendly.
Below are the sub in a tubs I’ve tried so far along with their macros. I arranged them in order of my preference.
1. Chicken Philly Cheese Steak Sub in a Tub
Comes with chicken, peppers, onions, and melted white American cheese that’s grilled-to-order on their flat top grill in-store and then served on a bed of lettuce. I had them add their olive oil blend, red wine vinegar and spices to give it some additional flavor.
This was my favorite meal at Jersey Mike’s.
- How To Order: “#16 Chicken Philly — sub in a tub style. Add oil, vinegar, & spices.”
- Estimated Macros: 655 calories, 13g net carbs, 49g fat, and 37g protein.
- Price: $7.45
If you’re wondering where all the carbs come from on this meal, my menu research suggests the chicken has about 5g net carbs, the grilled peppers have another 5g net carbs, the cheese has 1-2g net carbs, and the lettuce has 1-2g net carbs.
2. Jersey Mike’s Famous Philly Sub in a Tub
Comes with steak, peppers, onions, and melted white American cheese that’s grilled-to-order on their flat top grill in-store and then served on a bed of lettuce. I had them add their olive oil blend, red wine vinegar and spices to give it some additional flavor.
This one is almost as good as the Chicken Philly.
- How To Order: #17 Famous Philly — sub in a tub style. Add oil, vinegar, & spices.
- Estimated Macros: 695 calories, 11g net carbs, 55g fat, and 35g protein.
- Price: $7.45
3. Famous Roast Beef and Provolone Sub in a Tub
Comes with fresh-sliced roast beef and provolone on top of a bed of lettuce. I had it served “Mike’s Way” which means the sandwich artists adds sliced tomatoes & onions, spices, olive oil and vinegar. I also asked for mayo and sliced banana peppers on top.
- How To Order: #6 Famous Roast Beef and Provolone sub in a tub — Mike’s Way.
- Estimated Macros: 690 calories, 9g net carbs, 50g fat, and 47g protein.
- Price: $7.85
If I had to do this order over again, I might cut the tomatoes as they had 2g net carbs and make the meal a little inconvenient to eat with a fork.
4. BLT Sub in a Tub
Perfect option if you’re doing dairy free or are looking for something with a high fat-to-carb ratio. The BLT comes with bacon, shredded lettuce, and sliced tomatoes. I had it served with mayo, oil, vinegar, and seasoning for added flavor.
- How To Order: #1 BLT sub in a tub. Add mayo, oil, vinegar, and spices.
- Estimated Macros: 1005 calories, 6g net carbs, 102g fat, and 12g protein.
- Price: $6.85
5. “Cancro Special” Sub in a Tub
Cancro, in case you’re wondering, refers to the last name of Jersey Mike’s CEO, Peter Cancro. This sub in a tub is perfect for meat lovers. Comes with sliced roast beef, pepperoni, and provolone. I had it served “Mike’s Way” with onions, tomatoes, spices, oil & vinegar.
- How To Order: #12 Cancro Special served as a sub in a tub — Mike’s Way.
- Estimated Macros: 740 calories, 9g net carbs, 54g fat, and 50g protein.
- Price: $7.85
What To Avoid
Just in case you’re new to low carb eating, you can’t have any of the breads, tortilla wraps, or chips at Jersey Mike’s.
Some locations have soups which must be avoided because they’re too high carb.
They also have some hot subs which sound relatively low carb but aren’t. Here’s the list to avoid:
Avoid these Hot Subs In a Tub
- #19 BBQ Beef – 38 net carbs
- #44 Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteak – 18 net carbs
- Teriyaki Chicken Cheesesteak – 23 net carbs
- #42 Chipotle Chicken – 16 net carbs
- #55 Chicken Big Kahuna – 16 net carbs
- Buffalo Steak Cheesesteak – 16 net carbs
Avoid these Condiments & Dressings
- Thousand Island – 8 net carbs
- Honey Mustard – 7 net carbs
I rate Jersey Mike’s as low carb friendly because they offer the sub in a tub.
- Low carb friendly – Yes.
- Low carb entrees on menu – Not Really. Must special request a sub in a tub.
- Satiety of low carb entrees – Above average. Surprisingly, I didn’t need to order extra meat or cheese to feel satisfied.
- Taste of low carb entrees – Average. Their hot cheese steak subs were better than their cold bus.
- Price / value of low carb entrees – Average. About $7-$8 per sub in a tub.
- Ordering experience – Average. They were friendly both times I visited, but made mistakes on my orders and weren’t good at answering menu questions.
My next low carb fast food guide should be out soon. Subscribe here to get it:
Follow My Low Carb Fast Food Challenge
Get my specific recommendations on what to order every time you're in a Top 30 fast food chain like McDonald's, Subway, or Chick Fil A, etc.
And you’ll get some simple low carb recipes and other tips from me for all the times you’re not eating in a fast food joint.
aka “Mr. SkinnyPants”