I’ve desperately tried to come up with a low carb recipe that can satisfy a pizza craving and doesn’t take 3 hours to make. This easy Keto Pizza Boats recipe is just the ticket! So jump on board…it’s so yummy – you can thank me later!
Easy Keto Pizza Boats Recipe Information:
- Prep Time: ~15 min
- Bake Time: ~15 min
- Makes 2-3 servings
- 6 fresh zucchinis
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 3 ounce package of sliced pepperonis
- 6 ounce package of shredded mozzarella
Instructions for Keto Pizza Boats:
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice zucchinis lengthwise, scoop out seeds with a spoon & discard (should make your zucchinis look like little green canoes).
- Brown the ground sausage and mix in the tomato sauce. Stir ingredients together then remove from heat.
- Spoon the ground sausage & tomato sauce mixture into your zucchini boats then cover with shredded cheese and pepperonis. (Any leftover toppings can be saved for snacks)
- Bake zucchini boats for 15 minutes at 400F, then take out of oven & let cool for 10 minutes.
Any fresh zucchinis from your produce section will work.
For the sausage, I get Jimmy Dean’s All Natural Ground Pork Sausage. On the tomato sauce, I get the store brand / generic.
I’ve been digging the Hormel All Natural Pepperoni Slices lately. They don’t use the preservatives found in most pre-packaged, sliced pepperonis.
I usually go for the Organic Valley pasture-raised finely shredded mozzarella cheese but any shredded mozzarella or Italian blend is fine.
If you haven’t tried to make any of the low carb recipes yet, this is a great one to start on.