A poor man can eat as well as a rich man. This dish is proof. It’s Pad Thai without the meat & ingredients you probably don’t have in your kitchen right now. Try the Skinny Pants Pad Thai today!
I actually came up with this recipe on an evening when I came home starving and impatient and needed a quick meal. This one’s fast.
Skinny Pants Pad Thai Recipe Information:
- Prep Time: ~7 min
- Makes 1-2 servings
Skinny Pants Pad Thai Ingredients:
- One, 10 ounce package of zucchini noodles (or 2-3 medium zucchinis, sliced into noodles)
- 4 heaping spoonfuls of butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 stalk of green onions, diced
- Optional: red chili pepper flakes
- Melt your butter in the pan on Med/High eat, till it starts to shimmer and pop.
- Sauté zucchini noodles in butter for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Push the zoodles to the perimeter of the pan, then crack 4 eggs directly into your pan, aligning the yolks right down the center line.
- Let eggs begin to cook & harden in the pan for ~30 seconds, until some of the egg white congeals.
- Bust yolks with wooden spoon and furiously stir in the eggs until they are cooked in with the zoodles. Should add a creamy, fluffy texture to the dish.
- Remove from heat and serve, topped with diced green onion and red chili pepper flakes.
My local grocer is finally stocking zucchini noodles. I buy the pre-packaged Veggie Noodle Co Zucchini Spirals. YAY! Now if they could only get enough riced cauliflower in house.
I actually use ghee instead of butter for this recipe. If you have ghee or want to experiment, try it out. It’s basically butter w/ the milk solids removed so it’s better for people who are lactose intolerant.
I get Vital Farms pasture-raised eggs b/c I’m all in on pasture-raised & grass-fed everything.
Who is making any of these recipes? Any recipes I should work on for you? Can’t wait to hear back!
-Mr. Skinny Pants