Who doesn’t love a little R&R on a Sunday? A little…Ribeyes & Roasted Asparagus, that is! Helpful tip: Cook more Ribeyes than you can eat in one sitting, so you can use the leftovers for steak salad. #winwin
Ribeyes and Roasted Asparagus Recipe Information:
- Prep Time: ~30 min
- 1 ½ to 2 Ribeyes per person, tempered (defrosted long enough to reach room temp)
- 2 bushels of fresh asparagus
- ¼ bottle of Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: Butter, shredded cheese, sliced avocado, balsamic vinegar.
Instructions for Ribeyes and Roasted Asparagus:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Cut bottom thirds off your asparagus.
- Put trimmed asparagus in ziploc bag and pour in olive oil, salt, & pepper. Shake furiously til asparagus are coated.
- Line cookie sheet with asparagus (some stacking and overlap is fine).
- Bake for 15 min at 425F or until asparagus tips start to crisp & fry a little.
- While the asparagus roast, heat your grill to high heat.
- Place Ribeye steaks on the grill and cook over direct heat for 3-5 minutes on each side for medium rare.
Plate the Ribeyes and asparagus together. For a more satiating meal, you can top the asparagus with a scoop of butter and some shredded cheese. You can also add a side sliced avocados drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
Save leftover Ribeye for steak salad tomorrow evening. If you’re looking for other Skinny Recipes, we got ya covered!
-Mr. Skinny Pants