Want to make a low carb Italian favorite from 5 simple ingredients?!
It’s the perfect homemade lasagna recipe for your low carb diet, so you can still have Italian AND stay on your diet!
This qualifies as a Keto lasagna recipe because each serving has 560 calories and 8 net carbs.
See real-life photos of the ingredients, prep, and full cooking process below.
Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna Ingredients
Recipe serves 6.
- 2 large zucchinis
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 24 ounces Rao’s marinara sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable peeler
- Cutting board
- 2 large Pyrex measuring cups
- 2 large dishes for holding ingredients
- Frying pan
- Wooden kitchen spoon
- Large dinner spoon
- 9″ x 6″ casserole pan (up to 10″ x 8.5″)
- Aluminum foil
- Peel zucchini into strips until you reach seedy core. Discard green skins.
- Optionally, sprinkle salt on zucchini strips and pat dry with paper towel to remove moisture and get them closer to true lasagna noodle texture.
- Brown ground beef and stir in marinara sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook until it bubbles then remove heat.
- Set ingredients aside and get your casserole pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Layer into casserole dish: beef, zucchini, ricotta, beef, zucchini, ricotta, mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Broil uncovered for 2-3 minutes to brown the top.
- You can peel the zucchinis with a vegetable peeler or slice them thinly with a knife or mandolin.
- Rao’s Marinara is recommended because it has 3 net carbs per serving. You can also use plain tomato sauce.
- Spreading the ricotta can be difficult. Do the best you can. It doesn’t have to cover the entire layer evenly. Mine got messy, uneven, and mixed with other layers and it still turned out great.
I got this recipe from the Keto In Five Cookbooks that I promote to my readers.
If you’re tired of searching for new low carb recipes every week, it’s a great resource.