Here’s an easy low carb chicken stir fry recipe that you can make tonight in 35 minutes or less if you hustle. You could also call it a keto chicken stir fry because each serving has only 10g net carbs.
This dish reminds me of some of the delicious and indulgent entrées I used to get from places like P.F. Chang’s.
Recipe makes 4 servings.
Low Carb Chicken Stir Fry – Ingredients
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (I used refined coconut oil for medium to high heat)
- 8 raw chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium white onion
- 5 tbsp chili garlic sauce or Sriracha sauce
Low Carb Chicken Stir Fry – Cooking Instructions
- Lop the ends off zucchini then slice in in halves lengthwise. Scoop out seeds with a spoon, then cut crosswise into ⅛ inch thick slices. Set aside.
- Cut onion into 1-inch chunks. Set aside.
- Heat a 12-inch or larger frying pan or cast-iron skillet over LOW heat and toast cashews for 8 minutes or until they start to lightly brown and become fragrant.
- Dice chicken thigh into 1-inch chunks (while the cashews toast). Set aside.
- Once cashews are toasted, spoon them out of the pan & set aside, then increase heat to HIGH and add oil to pan.
- Once oil is shimmering, add in the diced chicken thighs and allow them fry thoroughly on one side (about 5 minute) before stirring and cooking through (another 5 minutes).
- Add in the zucchinis, onions, and chili garlic sauce and continue to cook on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in toasted cashews then serve.
Low Carb Chicken Stir Fry – Macros
Here are the nutritional values per serving for this recipe. The recipe makes 4 servings.
- Calories – 470
- Fat – 26g
- Net Carbs – 8g
- Carbs – 10g
- Sugar – 5g
- Fiber – 2g
- Protein – 48g
I created this recipe after testing this amazing Cashew Chicken recipe from Megha at KetoConnect.
That’s the better recipe if you’re cooking for yourself only, have the patience to cook with more ingredients, and don’t need leftovers.
I love Megha’s recipe but wanted to make something that yields more servings with fewer steps and fewer ingredients. This recipe meets all three of those goals.
Hope you enjoy it!
aka “Mr. SkinnyPants”
PS. If you want more of my minimalist keto recipes, you can get 1 new recipe per week via email here.