Shredded cabbage starts to look like chow mein when cooked in chorizo. Hence the name keto chow mein. The taste is amazing — savory and a little more crisp than traditional chow mein.
You can make this in 20 minutes or less. #winning
This dish reminds me of some of the delicious and indulgent entrées I used to get from Chinese takeout places.
If you want more of my minimalist keto recipes, you can get 1 new recipe per week via email here.
Keto Chow Mein – Ingredients
Recipe makes 4 servings.
- 12 ounces chorizo, defrosted
- Two, 10 ounce bags of pre-shredded angel hair cabbage
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Optional toppings: diced green onions & Sriracha sauce.
Keto Chow Mein – Cooking Instructions
- Brown the chorizo in a large pan on Medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the cole slaw and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Push ingredients to perimeter of the pan creating a valley down the centerline.
- Coat the valley with oil then crack in eggs and break up the yolks with a wooden spoon.
- Let the eggs cook on medium heat until they harden & fluff (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in the fluffy eggs, then serve.
Keto Chow Mein – Macros Breakdown
Here are the nutritional values per serving for this recipe. The recipe makes 4 servings.
- Calories – 467
- Fat – 39g
- Net Carbs – 6g
- Carbs – 9g
- Sugar – 6g
- Fiber – 3g
- Protein – 18g
Check the ingredients labels on the chorizo and make sure to get a wheat-free option. They have fewer carbs and over all, are just better for you.
I like to get angel hair coleslaw in a bag, but any bagged coleslaw (cabbage) should be fine.
Hope you enjoy it!
PS. If you want more of my minimalist keto recipes, you can get 1 new recipe per week via email here.