This Easy Keto Chicken Fried Rice recipe is a hit with adult AND kids too! It has gotten much simpler with the recent invention of steam-in-the-bag riced cauliflower. Most of the time, you cannot tell the difference between the Cauliflower rice and regular rice so again, it’s a win-win. Boom!
Easy Keto Chicken Fried Rice Recipe Information:
- Prep Time: ~30 min
- Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 pound of sautéed chicken breast or shrimp, pre-cooked & diced
- 2 packages of steam-in-the-bag riced cauliflower, pre-steamed
- ½ cup of coconut oil or ghee
- Stalk of green onions, diced
- ¼ cup of soy sauce (or coconut aminos if you’re gluten / soy free)
- 4 eggs, beaten
Optional mix-ins: handful of canned peas (drained), handful of canned diced carrots (drained). Optional topping: Sriracha sauce
Instructions for Keto Chicken Fried Rice:
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of wok or large skillet on medium-high.
- Quickly stir-fry your green onions. Watch closely so as not to burn.
- Add your steamed riced cauliflower; fry about 1 minute, stirring constantly until it begins to color a bit. Don’t overcook or it might get mushy.
- Stir in your meat and soy sauce. Stir-fry until somewhat browned. Push everything to one side of the wok.
- Pour the eggs into the other side; let them cook until still they start to congeal & harden.
- Mix the scrambled eggs into the “rice”, breaking up any large chunks of egg.
- If you’re mixing in a handful of peas or carrots, do so now.
Serve your chicken fried rice in a bowl and top with Sriracha sauce for extra flavor.
I recommended this Skinny Chicken Fried Rice recipe to some peeps doing a low carb challenge and they all loved it. In addition, their kids loved it too and most couldn’t even tell that the rice was made out of cauliflower!
If you’re a chicken fan, try this prosciutto wrapped one pan chicken meal. It’s one of my favorites!